Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the original recipe and gives a 9” pan. I double everything. That way, I’m not stuck with ½ bag of marshmallows and ½ box of Social Tea. These freeze extremely well and can be served right from the freezer.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (margarine ok)
- 0.5 (250 g) bag mini marshmallows (white)
- 0.5 (350 g) boxof social tea biscuits (one sleeve)
- In a double boiler mix eggs, sugar and butter and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool (not cold, just cool so marshmallows don't melt and loose shape).
- Add ½ box of Social Tea (crushed or powdered).
- I use my food processor but before I had one I used the rolling pin and crushed the biscuits between a clean, dry dish cloth or in a freezer ziplock.
- Add ½ bag of white mini marshmallows.
- Grease pan with margarine or butter before adding mix.
- Gives a square 9” pan. Let cool.
- Note: I double everything and it works well. I use a long rectangular Tupperware or pyrex dish.