Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best recipe for zucchini bread I've found. Sorry Aunt Nesta, I modified it a bit to make it lower fat and healthier. It's wonderful served slightly warm with butter!
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (optional)
- Blend eggs, sugar, applesauce and smart balance until creamy.
- In separate bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture until combined thoroughly.
- Gently fold in shredded zucchini (peeling it is optional)and vanilla. Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 for one hour. Let cool 30 minutes and remove from pan. Store in airtight container.