Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
There are so many varieties of coleslaw and I wanted to add my Aunt's recipe. This is the way she has always made Coleslaw and it's my absolute favorite version. Sooooo good! Cook time is the time needed to chill the slaw.
- Remove the green outer leaves of the cabbage and discard or use in another recipe.
- Using the white leafy parts of the cabbage, cut it in small pieces.
- Add the eggs and pickles to the cabbage.
- Add just enough mayonnaise to moisten the cabbage and hold all ingredients together.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
I made the recipe exactly as specified, tasted it, found it a little 'bland' for our tastes and then the adjustments started. Seeing as I strayed so far from the original recipe (I added pickle juice to the mayo for more 'zing', a little minced onion, some grated carrot for colour), I don't think I can really justify anything higher than a 3.