Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tender, flaky pie crust recipe that yields a top and bottom crust for an 8" pie.
Make and share this Aunt Nancy's Flaky Pastry Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Cut shortening into flour with a pastry blender or with two butter knives until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Add cold water gradually and mix until the flour/shortening comes together to form a ball that holds its shape and is not sticky. If necessary, add more water or flour.
- Divide ball in two, and roll each separately into a circle large enough to fit your pie pan.
- For a double crust filled pie, place one shell into pie pan. Add pie filling and top with other crust. Bake as directed on pie filling recipe.
- For 2 single crust pies, place each shell into 2 pie pans, add filling and bake as directed on pie filling recipe.
- For 2 single crust pre-baked shells, place each shell into a pie pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before filling.
Thanks for sharing your lovely crust recipe. It makes a crisp, tender, flaky crust with nice flavor and texture. I made a peach pie with it...It was excellant. Into my keeper box this goes.