Recipe by Chef George S.
This was a side dish at many a family gathering. Originally made with Bisquick and Velveeta cheese, it has evolved. I make my own biscuit mix with whole grain flour and no trans-fat, but Bisquick still works. Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli, and a big green saald.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can salmon (bones and skin removed)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced (about 2 med. ribs)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely diced (green and white parts both)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or dill, or thyme, or marjoram)
- 1 cup Bisquick (or your own baking mix)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or lite sour cream)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray or grease an 8" square pan.
- Clean and flake the salmon into a large bowl.
- Add celery, onions, cheese and herbs. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, yogurt, milk and eggs. Fold the salmon mixture in carefully and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, or until instant read thermometer is at 170°F.
- Serve warm or cold, with tartar or cocktail sauce if desired.