Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side for steak or anything from the grill. Don't skimp on the cooking time...it really alters the flavor.
- 2 large vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Ritz cracker
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, add onions and saute until soft.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop half of the onion mixture into a small greased casserole dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Layer with remaining onion mixture and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I've been enjoying this dish for years as part of my step-daughter's holiday dinners. Glad she posted the recipe here so I can make it for a party tonight. Thanks Amy!
Delicious, I will use this recipe again and again.
Fantastic! A real treat for onion-lovers. I cut a little fat by using only 5 tbsp of butter (3 tbsp less than listed) and I used light sour cream and reduced-fat Ritz crackers. Still rich and creamy. I'll make this again. Thanx!