Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a shortbread cookie I make them every year very easy
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Oven 350 Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast turning frequently until golden brown about 10 minutes,remove,cool,and chop fine set aside.
- Grease a 15x10 jelly-roll pan With an electric mixer mix butter and sugar,beat in egg vanilla and salt,on very low speed add flour.
- Spread dough in jelly-roll pan bake 20 minutes or when it starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Turn offoven sprinkle chocolate evenly over top let set in warm oven for 5 minutes or until soft then spread chocolate all over,sprinkle the walnuts on top chocolate.
- While still warm cut into diamond shapes cool in pan.