Recipe by Buffington
My aunt Mary used to make this recipe. Great Sunday dinner. Feel free to add canned vegetables or substitute cubed, cooked chicken breast for the ground beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb wide egg noodles (1 standard size package, alfredo style noodles would also work)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut (use smaller or larger depending on how much you like sauerkraut)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces milk (enough for one soup can's worth)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheese, any kind you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain sauerkraut.
- In a large pot, combine cans of condensed soup, 1 soup can of milk, and sauerkraut. Mix well to combine.
- Add in cooked beef and noodles. Stir until well coated.
- Cook together on stove over medium-high heat until heated all the way through.
- Top with shredded cheese before serving.