Recipe by With love
This is a requested favorite at family gatherings and the neighborhood cookouts.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 (12 ounce) cans baked beans
- 2 (12 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. Set on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Brown bacon pieces.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in bacon drippings.
- Mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, molasses, and dry mustard in a big aluminum pan.
- Add the beans, ground beef and bacon pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- You can adjust the amount of ketchup to your taste. I use between 3/4 and 1 cup.