Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
great as cereal or with fruit or vanilla yogurt! Tastes great and smells like cookies while it's baking!
- 15 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 2 cups slivered almonds (optional or you may exchange for another type of nut)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 little salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla
- Stir above ingredients together in a large roasting pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- After removing from oven you may add dried fruits such as raisins, apricots, papaya, etc.
- Place in a glass jar or airtight tin to use immediatey.
- Put the remainder in freezer bags and freeze.
This makes a LOT!! Great for a crowd or sharing. I chose this for the amount of vanilla & maple syrup & was not disappointed. It is delicious. The only thing I did differenty was to add some dried cherries. DH has been eating handfuls every time he passes the container all weekend!