Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't make too many things in the microwave, but this is an easy way to make this recipe.
- Add 1/2 sugar to milk and cook 5 minutes on high in microwave.
- Add flour, mix well with remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cook 1 minute; stir.
- Cook 1 more minute.
- Beat egg yolks well and add 1 cup of hot milk mixture to eggs; mix well.
- Return to milk mixture. Cook to desired thickness, stirring every 30 seconds (about 6-8 minutes).
- If you make it too thick, you can always thin it down with milk.
This was a great way to allow the kids to help with a holiday favorite. It was a liitle thicker than what we were used to, so I added some milk and a little cinnamon. It will be a favorite of ours!! Thanks