Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
These may just be the best green beans I've ever made.
Top Review by Angela A
I have been searching for a recipe like this for a while. They were wonderful, and very easy to make. My husband is actually asking me to make them - a vegetable!!! I followed the recipe just as you have it. I like the spice!
- 5 cups fresh green beans, snapped and washed
- 2 cups chicken broth, seasoned with garlic (I use Swanson's)
- 4 pieces bacon
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- water, to cover green beans