Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Aunt makes this salad and serves it before all holiday meals. It is beautiful and tastes amazing. Be prepared to hand out the recipe!
FOR THE SALAD
- romaine lettuce
- sliced red onion
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 7 -10 whole pecans, per person
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Arrange salad ingredients on individual plates. (You can adjust how much lettuce to use according to how many you are making this for).
- Add all dressing ingredients to a shaker and shake immediately prior to dressing the salad. Pour over salad no more than 10 minutes prior to serving.
- My family places these salad plates on the table before everyone is called to the table. The dressing will serve 8-10 people. A little goes a long way.
Perfect just as written.