Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This has been a standard favorite in my family for years. The recipe comes from my father's Aunt Mable who passed away several years ago.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour & sugar.
- Stir mixture into softened butter (or margarine).
- Beat eggs into mixture one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and buttermilk.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
This was also my mom's buttermilk pie recipe. It is my favorite, and everyone else's that tries it. My mom has passed, but I always dig out her recipe to make buttermilk pie on all the holidays.
This is our Mema's recipe also- it is very good. I hate buttermilk- but LOVE this pie ! Sometimes I add about 1/4 cup cocoa for a Chocolate version.