Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is so rich and delicious. The seasonings make this extra special
Top Review by Laylagirl
I don't know Aunt Idabell, but she sure has one delicious soup recipe. Very creamy and rich. Great combination of seasonings that did not overpower. My family and I enjoyed this one. Comfort food extraordinaire. Thank you Nurse Di.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tony chachere's cajun seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled,cubed,and cooked
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese.
- Cook and stir until potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.