Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so rich and delicious. The seasonings make this extra special
Make and share this Aunt Lulabell's Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tony chachere's cajun seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled,cubed,and cooked
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese.
- Cook and stir until potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.
I don't know Aunt Idabell, but she sure has one delicious soup recipe. Very creamy and rich. Great combination of seasonings that did not overpower. My family and I enjoyed this one. Comfort food extraordinaire. Thank you Nurse Di.
This is tasty, easy comfort food. I omitted the celery simply because I forgot to buy some. I don't think the recipe suffered for that at all. When my BF asked me to warm up a bowl for him later, I added some chopped up bacon, which was a great addition. I think some broccoli would work really well in this soup also. YUM! Thanks NurseDi!