Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This was one of my favorite desserts when I was young. Aunt Lucy would make this on special occasions.
- 1 (7 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (6 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a layer of lady fingers in the bottom of a 2 quart glass bowl.
- Prepare Jello using only 1 1/2 cups water. Chill about 30 minutes until thickened. Drain fruit cocktail and add to Jello.
- Spoon Jello mixture over lady fingers and refrigerate until set.
- Make vanilla pudding according to package directions; Let cool.
- Spoon over Jello layer.
- Using a mixer, beat whipping cream until thick, while adding confectioners' sugar. Spoon over pudding layer.
- Sprinkle top with almonds.
- Chill until ready to serve.