Recipe by oakpatch1997
My mom makes this every thanksgiving and christmas so i really only get to enjoy this recipe at this time of year. you can ajust the garlic salt and powder to suit your own taste.
- 4 1⁄2 cups Wheat Chex
- 5 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1⁄2 lb pecans
- 1⁄2 lb walnuts
- 1 lb margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- mix the first (6) six ingredients in a big roasting pan.
- put pan in the oven for 30 minutes.
- while that is in the oven put the margarine, garlic salt& garlic powder in a microwavable bowl and melt.
- usual only takes about 3 minute.
- after the first 30 minute take the pan out of the oven and pour the margarine mixture on the mix.
- i pour a little and stir until i use all of the mixture.
- put back in the oven for 2 1/2 more hours stirring every 30 minute until done.
- eat warm or store in a air tight container.
- will last about 7 days.