1/1 Photo of Aunt Lucille's Apple Crisp
1 hr 5 mins
An old fashioned apple crisp recipe just like you remember Grandma making; in this case, though, it was my Grandma's sister Lucille and this is one way that she still carries on. I've never found a better recipe, and it's so delicious! Perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sliced apples, peeled (either use a few different types or go with Granny Smith)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1Peel and slice enough apples to fill a 9x13 baking pan about 2/3 full.
- 2Add sugar, cinnamon, flour, nutmeg,salt and water.
- 3Mix well to coat apples.
- 4For the topping, mix the quick oats, flour, brown sugar, water and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- 5Cut the margarine in with a pastry blender or with clean hands until crumbly.
- 6Top apples with topping mixure.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the apples are tender, the sauce is bubbly, and the topping is slightly golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Lucille's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g