Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My Aunt Louise in Tennessee shared this recipe with me, it has been a dear family favorite for years. This is a VERY moist, sweet, sticky, and EASY to make crowd pleasing dessert! This cake is so cherished in our home, that it has its very own Fleur-de-lis Bundt Pan!
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- FOR CAKE: Mix all ingredients well and pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake @ 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand for about 30 minutes to cool.
- FOR SAUCE: Put all ingredients except flavoring in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until butter is just melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Add flavoring and pour hot sauce over cake.
- Let stand 30 minutes and turn out of pan.
- Try to bake a day ahead of time.
- I serve with rum infused whipped cream or Crème Fraîche.
- Freezes well.
- Note: You can use a lemon cake mix and lemon flavoring for a GREAT lemon cake (I like to add poppy seeds to). I serve with Lemon Curd.