Recipe by Tom Lambie
Moist and chewy brownies from scratch. This recipe belonged to my wifes aunt. She lived on a farm in Door County, Wisconsin. A wonderful Cook.
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate over hot water or in the microwave.
- Add the eggs and sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, nuts and vanilla.
- Mix well and place in a greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake for 30 MINUTES ONLY!
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Spread on the brownies and garnish with chopped nuts.