Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist and chewy brownies from scratch. This recipe belonged to my wifes aunt. She lived on a farm in Door County, Wisconsin. A wonderful Cook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate over hot water or in the microwave.
- Add the eggs and sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, nuts and vanilla.
- Mix well and place in a greased and floured 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake for 30 MINUTES ONLY!
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Spread on the brownies and garnish with chopped nuts.
Excellent brownie! I added a little more water to the frosting to get a creamier texture. My daughter loved them!
These are great brownies! I have been making a version like this for ages. And FYL 1/2 lbs is 2 sticks/1 cup
I printed this recipe back in 2001 and I just noticed that my old copy called for 2 sticks of butter. I made them back then and gave them to some friends and they loved them! Now I'm confused about what the right amout of butter should be. Please help!