Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My Aunt Lorraine brought this salad to one of our Easter dinners several years ago. It was a huge hit and I made sure that she gave me a copy of the recipe. However, she wasn't very specific with the size of salad dressing bottles. Cook time = refrigerate time.
- 16 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 bottle poppy seed dressing
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Mix everything together in a big mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- ~NOTE~Best when refrigerated overnight!
4-stars is an average rating for the 5 people who I served this to and asked to rated it. I used an 8 oz. bottle of Wishbone Zesty Italian dressing and 4 oz. of a poppyseed dressing. I took chef Lauralie41's suggestion and drained the tomatoes very, very well before adding them to the mix. I refrigerated the salad overnight.
This is a wonderful pasta salad! I love the sweetness of the poppyseed dressing with the vege's and the italian dressing. I used about 8 ounces of each Italian and Creamy Poppyseed dressings. The only thing I would do next time is to drain the diced tomatoes a bit better. Thank you Kim for posting and thank you to your Aunt Lorraine for sharing her recipe.
I can't believe this has not been reviewed yet. I had been making something similar to this which is called spaghetti salad, but this is by far better and even easier to make. I used an 8 oz. bottle of Italian dressing and 1/2 of an 8 oz. bottle of poppy seed dressing and it was perfect. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. This will definitely go into my favorite recipes file.