Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Making ordinary Mac and Cheese extraordianry.
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) boxes Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, skim
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cook macaroni in water as directed, drain.
- In same saucepan macaroni was prepared in, melt butter, add milk, two macaroni and cheese cheese packets, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, salt & pepper.
- Stir in drained noodles.
- Lastly, add beaten eggs.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into greased casserole dish.
- sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
I never thought that I'd be giving 5 star's to K.D., lol, but here I am doing just that! Dh is a mac and cheese lover and even likes the stuff made as the box says to do it, I got him with this however, when he ask what was for dinner I just said Kraft Dinner, imagine his surprise when he got this dish that was full of real cheese goodness and flavor. I really enjoyed the creamy and actually cheesy texture and taste. It's still easy to make but tastes 100 times better and is a handy quick fix for rushed (or lazy) days. Great comfort food that really hit the spot with snow flying outside. I now have a good way to use those 2 cases of KD that he brought home because they were on sale. A Win, win, recipe :D