Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Making ordinary Mac and Cheese extraordianry.
Make and share this Aunt Lesley's Macaroni and Cheese Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Cook macaroni in water as directed, drain.
- In same saucepan macaroni was prepared in, melt butter, add milk, two macaroni and cheese cheese packets, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, salt & pepper.
- Stir in drained noodles.
- Lastly, add beaten eggs.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into greased casserole dish.
- sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
I never thought that I'd be giving 5 star's to K.D., lol, but here I am doing just that! Dh is a mac and cheese lover and even likes the stuff made as the box says to do it, I got him with this however, when he ask what was for dinner I just said Kraft Dinner, imagine his surprise when he got this dish that was full of real cheese goodness and flavor. I really enjoyed the creamy and actually cheesy texture and taste. It's still easy to make but tastes 100 times better and is a handy quick fix for rushed (or lazy) days. Great comfort food that really hit the spot with snow flying outside. I now have a good way to use those 2 cases of KD that he brought home because they were on sale. A Win, win, recipe :D