Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in the family for so many generations and has been adapated as needed for the new time period. So I hope that you Enjoy!!!
- 6 -8 large eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peaches, mashed
- 3 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 -3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 4 (4 lb) boxes rock salt
- 4 (10 lb) bags ice
- Before you get started put ice cream mixer drum in the freezer to get cold.
- Beat eggs until foamy, add sugar and beat again, add vanilla and salt and beat again until totaly mixed.
- Add fruit (if you want just plain vanilla don't add fruit) and cans of milk, mix until well blended.
- Take the drum and add the milk mix, fill drum to the mix line with the 2% milk.
- Put the drum into the frig until you are about to make the ice cream.
- When it is time to make the ice cream add the drum to the ice cream maker (you crank or electric). Next add the ice and rock salt.
- Now you start to crank until it is hard and can't crank any more or that the machine turns off when done by electric.
- Next you will want to taste and droul!
- When done you should place in a clean tupperware container and stick it in your freezer.