Recipe by A Ridlehuber
This was my great aunt's recipe for tea cakes, which are kin to a sugar cookie, very light and full of wonderful flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (crisco)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the shortening with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg & vanilla beat on low until mixed.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, salt & baking soda together, then add into the creamed ingredients.
- Roll dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill well, overnight is probably best.
- Once chilled, pre-heat oven to 350 deg., slice and bake until cookies get light brown on the edges.