Recipe by Likkel
A wonderful main course that is easy, healthy, and flavorful! Aunt Lee was originally from Korea and shared this recipe which immediately became a family favorite.
- 1 (8 ounce) package bean thread noodles (found in the oriental food isle)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or any type of meat or seafood)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (or teriyaki sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add noodles to boiling water and then return to a boil for 1 minute (or until the noodles are clear); drain and cut once or twice through the noodles so they are in slightly smaller pieces (the noodles will be sticky).
- Brown hamburger (or meat), add the garlic and sesame oil, and then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir fry with the meat.
- Remove pan from heat and add the salt and soy sauce before mixing in the noodles.
- Stir to mix (use two forks to help break up clumps of noodles) and then serve.