Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really love this recipe, it is great for showers, BBQ's or served with an everyday lunch or dinner. It makes quite a bit of dressing so feel free to 1/2 it. Very simple!
- 170.09 g packageprewashed spinach
- 1 head lettuce, you can keep it simple and use a bag of salad mix also
- 85.04 g swiss cheese, grated
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red onion, chopped also can slice
- 226.79 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 78.07 ml apple cider vinegar
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a blender and process until well combined.
- Add 3-4 oz of the mushrooms and 1/2 the onion to the dressing and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better).
- In a large bowl combine remaining salad ingredients, toss.
- Pour a little dressing at a time over the top of the salad and toss, keep adding dressing as necessary (your preference).
- Serve immediatly, *refrigeration time is not included in prep time*.
Great salad served up with a nice marinated steak. I used spinach and romaine lettuce. We loved it and will be having it again soon!