Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
I really love this recipe, it is great for showers, BBQ's or served with an everyday lunch or dinner. It makes quite a bit of dressing so feel free to 1/2 it. Very simple!
- 1 (6 ounce) packageprewashed spinach
- 1 head lettuce, you can keep it simple and use a bag of salad mix also
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red onion, chopped also can slice
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a blender and process until well combined.
- Add 3-4 oz of the mushrooms and 1/2 the onion to the dressing and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better).
- In a large bowl combine remaining salad ingredients, toss.
- Pour a little dressing at a time over the top of the salad and toss, keep adding dressing as necessary (your preference).
- Serve immediatly, *refrigeration time is not included in prep time*.