Recipe by Peggy Benisch
Aunt Kay's Pork Chops Casserole
Top Review by JoannaWay2cool
This is so yummy! AND its a hit with kids (all eight) which is always a five star for me. They all asked for seconds. I use basmati rice instead of instant and spikes seasoning salt instead of just salt. It was super yummy, going to be one of our staples now.
- 4 -6 medium pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby green peas, drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut-up
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9" x 13" pan with cooking foil, shiny side in; spray with cooking spray lightly.
- Place 4 to 6 medium sized chops inside; season with salt and pepper.
- Top in 3rds: Make 2 cups instant rice to fill one-third, center third is a can of drained baby green peas, last third place 4 medium peeled and cut-up potatoes.
- Chop one small onion over all.
- Dollop margarine in small chunks over top.
- Season with salt and pepper again.
- Roll up excess foil to seal casserole on top and ends.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 hours.
- Yummy Casserole!
- Instead of the green peas I have used green beans or corn before to change the flavor on the chops, but I like the peas best!