Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Seafood casserole we serve every year as a break from Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in fry pan, add oil.
- Saute mushrooms, celery and onion in butter/oil mixture until mushroom juices are released.
- Add mushroom soup.
- Remove from heat and add hot sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, gently fold rice, cheese,crab and shrimp together.
- Add cooked sauce.
- Place all ingredients in a large, lightly oiled casserole dish, and bake for 1 hour at 325 uncovered.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
This did not turn out well for us. Liquid consistency. Ingredient proportions seem to be off. Maybe needs more rice, less cheese.
I absolutely loved this casserole. The next time I try it I will substitute the lump crabmeat for scallops, as the texture of the crabmeat along with the texture of the rice makes the casserole seem gritty. But everyone loved it!