Recipe by hope2day
Another GREAT recipe from Aunt Junior.What a great way to use up left-over ham. Everyone loved it. Kid friendly. Great for a cold evening.
- 3 1⁄2 cups of cooked cut ham
- 4 cups broccoli (cut small)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan.
- Saute onion in melted butter.
- When onion is soft slowly blend in flour, stirring frequently.
- When flour is completely mixed in pour milk in while blending quickly.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until soup thickens and broccoli is soft.
- This soup does not need the extra tomato soup, it puts a different twist to it.