Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
When Cornish game hens go on sale we stock up for this treat.
- 4 Cornish hens
- 4 tangerines, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup thyme
- Rinse hens and pat dry. Mix wine, soy sauce, salt, orange juice.
- together. Rub 1 tablespoon butter inside each hen. Sprinkle the.
- cavity with salt (optional). Mix the onion, garlic, thyme,walnuts,.
- mushrooms, tangerines together. Stuff each hen with this.
- mixture. Heat the liquid mixture until it begins to boil. Turn.
- off and let cool for 5 minutes. Pour 2 Tablespoons of this into.
- each hen. Preheat oven to 325F, then bake hens for 45 minutes.
- Be sure to baste every 15 minutes with the liquid mixture.
- Place a serving platter and serve at once.