Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from my Aunt Joyce that she used to serve at family gatherings and parties.
- 1 lb cooked breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 ounces salsa
- 26 ounces unsalted tortilla chips or 26 ounces crackers or 26 ounces melba rounds
- Mix cooked sausage with velveeta and salsa in large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute until cheese is melted and dip is smooth and creamy. Consistency will be thicker than most cheese dips due to the sausage.
- May also be heated on stove top in medium saucepan over medium heat until cheese is melted.Also may be held in small crock pot on low setting for 2 hours.
- Serve in a bowl with tortilla chips. May also be spooned onto melba rounds or crackers and served as an appetizer or horderves.