Recipe by smiles4u
This recipe has been a family favorite for many, MANY years. My aunt "borrowed" it from the lunch counter she was working at the time. Simple and very good. Cook time = chilling time.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Jello gelatin, whatever flavor you prefer
- 10 ounces boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs, butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Dissolve 4 oz jello (1 - 3 oz pkg + 2 T from another), in 10 oz boiling water.
- Blend together cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla and add to jello.
- Fold in 1 can of whipped evaporated milk. *Pet (brand) milk whips the best. Have milk, bowl and beaters chilled before whipping.
- Spread over crust and chill.