Recipe by cookalot #2
This is an old Scottish recipe. They are cut into triangles and cooked on a griddle or fry pan. Auntie always had these on hand.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lard or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: If making molasses scones put 1/4 cup molasses in cup and fill with milk to measure 1 cup.
- Cut in lard or butter into dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixing with fork.
- Add a little more milk if needed.
- Knead lightly 10-12 times.
- Roll or pat into 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Cut into triangles.
- Cook 5-10 min per side on an ungreased griddlel or electric frypan.
- For the molasses scones the temperature is 300F And 350F for the white scones.