Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old Scottish recipe. They are cut into triangles and cooked on a griddle or fry pan. Auntie always had these on hand.
- NOTE: If making molasses scones put 1/4 cup molasses in cup and fill with milk to measure 1 cup.
- Cut in lard or butter into dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixing with fork.
- Add a little more milk if needed.
- Knead lightly 10-12 times.
- Roll or pat into 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Cut into triangles.
- Cook 5-10 min per side on an ungreased griddlel or electric frypan.
- For the molasses scones the temperature is 300F And 350F for the white scones.