Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is an adaptation of a recipe created by the Johnson Family on the Baptist Church web site. Serving size is 3 meatballs with 2 tablespoons sauce.
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml minced fresh onions
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 453.59 g can jellied cranberry sauce
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- Combine first 5 ingredients (ground beef through onion).
- In a large bowl; shape mixture into 30 1& 1/2" meatballs.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice and sauces in an electric slow cooker; gently stir in meatballs.
- Cover with lid; cook on low setting 8-10 hours.
These are so tasty. Sweet n' Sourish. Unexpected use of that left over can of cranberry sauce!
Loved it! Thank you> I used real eggs and edded extra water because my slow cooker kind of runs hot.. a hit!
I have to admit that I saw some of the ingrediants and had to just trust that other people said it was good. It was a hit at my dinner party and we really liked it. We did some with turkey meatballs and some of my friends liked it even better. Overall, a very tasty meal. Thanks for submitting.