1/5 Photos of Aunt Jennie's Pie Crust (With Oil)
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
Legend has it that my Great Aunt Jennie used to make the best pies with oil. As I kid I'm not sure I taste tested them but she had a gift for baking. I just ran across her recipe for pie crust. I'll be making it soon, but in the mean time.... give it a try and please rate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Mix together oil and milk.
- 3Mix dry ingredients, whisk to combine.
- 4Mix all ingredients well to form a soft dough.
- 5Dampen table and put a strip of wax paper over the damp area.
- 6Take 1/2 of dough and place another piece of waxed paper over the dough.
- 7Roll to desired size and place in pie plate. Roll the second crust.
- 8Add desired fruit filling, canned or fresh.
- 9Top with second pie crust. Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Make a few small slits with a knife. Trim off excess dough. cover with foil to prevent burning.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes at 425°, remove foil.
- 12Reduce oven temperature to 400° and bake 20 minutes longer, until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Jennie's Pie Crust (With Oil)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.9
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 663.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g