Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Aunt Jennie is always sharing her favorite recipes, typing them up and mailing them to friends and family unsolicited. She has been doing that for years. I guess she was the precursor to sites like this one!
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups pumpkin puree (about 1 large can)
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and pour into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over cake and scatter nuts on top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cake tests done.
Very good cake and simple to make! I followed the recipe just as stated and it turned out moist and delicious! Thanks for sharing!