Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my Aunt's most requested dishes. She brings this salad to nearly every family gathering. Being of an artistic bent, she decorates the top with "flowers" made from carrots and celery, parsley and paprika. It looks so pretty no one will touch it till me and my stomach come by: "ooo. Nice... let's eat it." The insuing carnage is not pretty- relations bucking for places in line, elbowing, the occasional fisticuff, etc. In the end the salad is sucked down and the bowl licked clean (warning: licking the bowl can get rice in your hair)! Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
- Minute Rice, for 8 (prepared with 2 t. of chicken boullion or broth in place of the boiling water.)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 can tuna (or chicken if preferred)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Uncle Vic likes to add more mayo and tuna- you can too. A very forgiving recipe, play around and see)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- After rice has cooled add remaining ingredients.
- Mix and refrigerate till chilled.
- Then eat, eat, eat, eat, eat.
This was very good. We loved it. I haven't ever made tuna with rice before but this was delicious. I made it as a side dish but I would make this also just for a meal by itself. Thank you very much for posting a great recipe. I will be making this again :)
OH MY G-D, this was soooooo good. I'm trying to get rid of my rice, pasta, flour etc. before Passover, and of course, I always have a couple of cans of tuna in the pantry, so this recipe was a logical choice. Wow was it great!!! I added some cherry tomatoes and served it on lettuce leaves. Thanks so much for a new favorite!!!!
This was very good! I added an extra can of tuna and a little more mayo to help bind it. For color I added some sliced pimento stuffed olives and they made a very nice addition indeed. I brought this to a cook out and it went over quite well. Thanks for sharing this unique tuna salad!