This is one of my Aunt's most requested dishes. She brings this salad to nearly every family gathering. Being of an artistic bent, she decorates the top with "flowers" made from carrots and celery, parsley and paprika. It looks so pretty no one will touch it till me and my stomach come by: "ooo. Nice... let's eat it." The insuing carnage is not pretty- relations bucking for places in line, elbowing, the occasional fisticuff, etc. In the end the salad is sucked down and the bowl licked clean (warning: licking the bowl can get rice in your hair)! Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Minute Rice, for 8 (prepared with 2 t. of chicken boullion or broth in place of the boiling water.)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 can tuna (or chicken if preferred)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Uncle Vic likes to add more mayo and tuna- you can too. A very forgiving recipe, play around and see)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1After rice has cooled add remaining ingredients.
- 2Mix and refrigerate till chilled.
- 3Then eat, eat, eat, eat, eat.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Janet's Tuna Rice Curry
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 137.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix