Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by my Aunt Jane.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
These are super yummy! I love the crunch of the outer coating and soft innards of the eggplant. And the powdered sugar made it taste almost like an exotic pastry. I didn't put that much powdered sugar on it mainly as I decided at the last minute to serve them as a side dish at dinner. Superb! Made as a recipenap for Veg N Swap #15 tag.
- 907.18 g eggplants
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 591.47 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplants and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in deep fat fryer to 375 degrees.
- Dip eggplant strips into milk, then flour. Then dip into milk again and finally into bread crumbs.
- Fry about 12 at a time for 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.