Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Looking for something for lunch, an easy supper, or a weekend snack?! Maybe you should try this recipe I got from my aunt! (If you shudder at the thought of SPAM, maybe you could used some other kind of meat...)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 can Spam
- 1⁄4 green pepper
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- enough mayonnaise, to moisten
- grated parmesan cheese
- hamburger bun (amount depends on how many servings you need)
- Place first four (4) ingredients in food processor.
- Process till finely chopped.
- Add enough mayonnaise to moisten mixture to your preference.
- Spread mixture on halves of split hamburger buns.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until bubbly and golden brown.
- **Recipemay be doubled if necessary.
Mixed review in our house. My husband and daughter weren't so keen. But I liked it. It made a nice snack, and as there was leftover spread I used it on toast later on.
May I use the word "beautiful" to describe the taste? I first mashed the meat up and pan fried it so that there are some crispy taste to it and then processed it. I used the mayo as butter on wholemeal bread (didn't have burger buns) and no cheese or green peppers. Didn't broil it as there was no time (we were going to the zoo). It is very very good. Definite keeper.