Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was made at least twice a week by a lady who lived to 101.
Make and share this Aunt Ira's Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml white corn syrup
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml raw peanuts
- 29.58 ml butter
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Cook sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil.
- Add peanuts and butter and cook til brittle.
- Add vanilla, salt and baking soda and quickly stir.
- Pour in buttered pan and shake to spread.
Delicious peanut brittle!! I ended up using dry roasted peanuts and added them in at about 285 and then cooked all the way to 300 (hard crack stage). Thanks, Golfcrazy!