Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another vintage recipe that my mother in law gave to me. The Parkers were pioneers in Arizona and a lot of these are family hand me down's. Cousin Gina's note at the bottom of the dog eared and stained card is this: (NB - add dry ingredients and banana alternatingly [sic] works better...)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well until creamed.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients, mashed bananas, and walnuts until well mixed.
- Pour batter into well greased 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake 50 minutes.