Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
aka Un-tidy Josephs. Cooks a longer time; makes the sauce de-licious! This will freeze! UPDATE: I've reduced the amount of Worcestershire sauce due to reviewers' responses. Add more *originally 1/8 cup* if you like. :)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Brown meat; drain.
- Add and blend all other ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low after bringing to boil. Simmer 1 ½ hours on low heat.
- Serve on buttered and grilled buns with pickles and mustard.
This is really good. I reduced the amount of worchestershire down to 1 Tbsp and added a tsp of minced garlic. Those were the only changes I made...just thought 1/8 c worchestershire might be too much and added garlic because of other reviewers' suggestion. Hubby not too wild for sloppy joes but loved these,making these again after 2 weeks. thanks for great recipe!!!
This recipe is the only way I make Sloppy Joes! Has a wonderful flavor and so easy to make. Thanks for posting...
We really liked it. I omitted the vinegar and chili powder. W/o them it was closer to how my mom used to make it. My son liked it and my 20 mo old ate the entire bun full I gave her. I was shocked. she usually never eats the whole thing. This recipe is a keeper!