Recipe by Crabzilla
Another childhood favorite from my Aunt Helen. I'm not sure how many pecan balls this recipe actually makes, I'm working off an old and yellowing piece of paper, it should make a fair amount though.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl cream together the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, making sure it's well incorporated.
- Add nuts, and mix well.
- Using your hands, scoop well rounded tablespoons of the mixture and form smallish balls.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from cookie sheet.