Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My great-aunt, Helen, throws the best parties. She's a wonderful cook, a fabulous baker, and the most gracious hostess. When the family gathers at her house around Christmastime she always has lots of this delicious egg nog available.
- 2 eggs (or the equivalent Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- alcohol (optional)
- Beat together eggs, condensed milk and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in milk.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- If you are adding alcohol, rum, brandy or bourbon are the traditional choices.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top to taste.
I still keep trying to tell myself I CAN like egg nog. But, I guess not. Others liked it ok. One thing: do not use raw eggs! Use Egg Beaters or equivalent. Too many potential germs with raw eggs!
Excellent!!!!!!!!! I use Hazelnut Kahlua.............Cheers!
Our 9, 6, 4 and 12 month old loved this stuff! Highly recommended--I would use Egg Beaters.