Recipe by WiGal
This recipe is one of my favorite make ahead desserts but ancient-I got it via my mother from an aunt-I think it is probably well over 50 years old. Whenever they invented the marshmallow... When did they invent the marshmallow?
Top Review by rpgaymer
I loved how easy this was to make, and the texture was great - like a huge soft & fluffy marshmallow. It's pretty sweet and a small piece is more than enough to satisfy. This took a while to set up for me (about 6 hours or so), but I didn't need it right way so it was not a problem.
- 15 marshmallows
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 4 (113.39 g) milk chocolate candy bars with almonds
- 314.66 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 59.16 ml butter
- 236.59 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out butter to soften.
- Put first three ingredients in top pan of double boiler, melt, cool, stir, set aside.
- Combine graham crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumb mixtures.
- Toss and press into 8" square pan.
- Whip cream and fold into marshmallow mix.
- Put this chocolate mixture on top of the crumb layer.
- Put remaining crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate several hours.