Aunt Hattie made a living from this and her Polish baked goods. So quick and so good. I don't know why people would buy this when it is so simple to make! A recipe from the 50's! Cooking (and life!) was much simpler then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time.
- 3Mix together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to batter.
- 4Stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour more than half the batter into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- 6Put canned pie filling over the batter, spreading as evenly as you can.
- 7Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the pie filling.
- 8Filling should show through the batter.
- 9Bake at 350, about 40 minutes.
- 10Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Hattie's Fruity Cake (Soooo Fast and Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 280.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: