Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Aunt Hattie made a living from this and her Polish baked goods. So quick and so good. I don't know why people would buy this when it is so simple to make! A recipe from the 50's! Cooking (and life!) was much simpler then.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to batter.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour more than half the batter into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Put canned pie filling over the batter, spreading as evenly as you can.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the pie filling.
- Filling should show through the batter.
- Bake at 350, about 40 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.