Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Aunt Grace is famous for this salad. Enjoy!
Make and share this Aunt Grace's Napa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium Chinese cabbage (aka Napa Cabbage chopped up into bite sized pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (I use Keller's Light Butter)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages ramen noodles, noodles broken up while still in their bags, this is a lot less messy
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, Diamond Brand
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup roasted soybeans (Soy Nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, Diamond Brand
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use Splenda!)
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce, I use the low sodium kind
- Chop the cabbage into bite sized pieces.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the broken up Ramen noodles to the melted butter.
- Stir in the mixed nuts.
- Saute the above ingredients over low heat stirring constantly until mixed and golden (be careful because it can burn quickly so make sure to watch it).
- To make the dressing:.
- Bring the oils, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- When ready to eat, add the noodle mixture and the dressing mixture to the chopped cabbage.
- Make sure that you don't mix it together too soon because the salad does not keep.
- No leftovers are allowed!
This has always been one of my favorite salads. Thanks for posting it.