1/4 Photos of Aunt Grace's Napa Salad
My Aunt Grace is famous for this salad. Enjoy!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium Chinese cabbage (aka Napa Cabbage chopped up into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (I use Keller's Light Butter)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages ramen noodles, noodles broken up while still in their bags, this is a lot less messy
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, Diamond Brand
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted soybeans (Soy Nuts)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, Diamond Brand
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda!)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, I use the low sodium kind
- 1Chop the cabbage into bite sized pieces.
- 2Melt the butter.
- 3Add the broken up Ramen noodles to the melted butter.
- 4Stir in the mixed nuts.
- 5Saute the above ingredients over low heat stirring constantly until mixed and golden (be careful because it can burn quickly so make sure to watch it).
- 6To make the dressing:.
- 7Bring the oils, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9When ready to eat, add the noodle mixture and the dressing mixture to the chopped cabbage.
- 10Make sure that you don't mix it together too soon because the salad does not keep.
- 11No leftovers are allowed!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Grace's Napa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.9
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: