Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a great recipe for a cold winter day.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 -3 green peppers
- 1 -2 medium onion
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (Italian Style, Blended but not pureed.)
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped or powder)
- Brown Turkey in large sauce pan with chopped onions and peppers.
- Put turkey, into crockpot and add tomatoes, chili beans, tomato sauce, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and chili powder.
- Simmer on low all day long!
This was so Yummy! I tweaked it a bit as I always do w/ recipes but kept the base ingredients. I was in the mood for nachos but didnt want the same ol same ol....I took the chili put it on some tortilla chips threw on some cheese and My Aunties infamous avocado dip and they were the best nachos ever! Couldnt of done it without THIS chili ! Thanks be to Aunt Glo!!!!
I'm in the process of making this and doing taste-tests! This is great stuff. I put it all in the crockpot to simmer, and the house smells cozy and warm and spicy. It's a cool Fall day and perfect for good chili! Note: I am using pinto beans, not chili beans, as we all dislike chili beans....